PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARS The Responsible and the Irresponsible
Old 19th Apr 2003, 23:15
christep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to those who have complimented me on my website. I try to do what little I can to offset the media hysteria.

The HK Department of Health is now publishing demographics on mortality by age range (linked from .my page ).

By comparing the WHO date of onset chart (also linked from my page) and the discharge rates, it seems that it takes about 3 weeks for most people to reach a conclusion one way or the other (i.e. discharged or dead).

The government advice on masks is not as all encompassing as people seem to think. In general they only advise a mask if you have a respiratory illnees, have been in close contact with someone who has.

I noticed today that the proportion of mask wearers on public transport now seems to be below 50%, and on the ferry with open walls it was only 10-20%. There were more people out hiking and camping today (a beautiful clear warm day) than I have ever seen before, and not a mask in sight once in the open air. So people do seem to be reaching an understanding of when a mask does and does not provide any significant reduction of risk