PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th Mar 2014, 18:11
Vortac1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Thrustrequired,

No need to thank, many of us here are glad to throw some advice from personal experience. As Had-enough so eloquently put it, I dont fly for FD, I never claimed to be an FD pilot, this is why I refrain from providing input regarding first hand info from the company itself, but not when it comes to issues regarding becoming an expat or doing your due diligence when it comes to making the call to head to UAE.

With that said, I did and am "living the situation" that the OP is asking about, which is insight about becoming an Expat in Dubai. I went through the entire process and decision making analysis with my wife when this opportunity presented itself a few months back, just like Thrustrequired is trying to do now. I've also been an expat in Europe before and in US in a prior life. Yeah, I think I may have a little bit of insight with regards to being an expat in different continents, just trying to share the experience to others, thats all.

Thrustrequired, good call on heading over to Dubai with the girlfriend first, I did the exact same thing before we pulled the trigger, proved to be a good move.

Feel free to PM me your email address or skype name, I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can.

Good luck amigo.
V