PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 16:44
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Criminal ..... Intent? Procedure? .... or Genius?

No one is accusing the crew or others in the industry who make paper airplanes (Guilty!) of bad intent. That rejoinder misses the point.

I would have loved to spin out one or more scenarios. It could be fun. But only in some other context not one with such somber unknowns. To borrow a true aviation phrase, the trailing wake vortex of this incident is going to be dramatic and it is going to be significant and highly impactful - and that's based JUST on what we do know at this time. Some of which may need to be "revised and extended" as more, and/or more accurate, information sees the light of day.

If you are someone who reads threads on this board somewhat (or quite) routinely....have you not noticed the absence of posts to the effect of, 'yes, this might have happened or that could have occurred, but let's get the CVR and that will tell the tale and/or let's have NTSB do its work and then when report is out we'll know." Quite-stupidly-and-obviously: where is the [censored] aircraft?

My sense is that there isn't even remotely the same kind of 'playbook' for this particular fact pattern. Moreover, let us not, repeat negative, NOT, assume ANY lack of evil creativity. Pause and reflect - some or all of the horror of September the Eleventh was the quite-totally incomprehensibly "Surprise!" of it all.

So rule nothing out. Of course this applies to "things" of and in the real world. I do know that Whatever-They're-Called from a Transformers movie did not eat the aircraft for lunch. I do not know where it is, how it got there, by whom, or why.

But I'm shredding my ticket to practice Law - and it is not an e-ticket - the day I become too lazy, ethically and thinking-wise, to apply the very (legally) elementary principle of evidential relevance. Or as a famous law professor used to say, "What you don't know can hurt you, and then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself."