PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why has flight training gone assbackwards?
Old 14th Mar 2014, 15:53
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a 250 hour sprog I can't lend any weight of experience as I haven't got much but one thing I've noted is that that some pilots who have many more hours than me, and who you think 'I'm going to learn something here' are appalling flyers. I've been glad to get out of an aircraft piloted by one multi thousand hour pilot, basic airmanship and flying skills totally gone to pot.

The other thing I might add after reading Shaggy's post is that I wonder how many glider pilots who fly powered have a problem with getting the nose immediately down after an EFATO. As a silent flyer you expect the cable to break on take off, because it often does. I would say the reaction time between cable break and stuffing the stick forward would be around half a second, I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same after an EFATO. People are lulled into thinking that 'Well, aero engines hardly ever fail', which is why we still see people getting hurt or killed in EFATO scenarios. Personally I expect the fan to stop during every take off, which is why I won't take off on some runways because the chances of making a safe landing are pretty non existent. Probably just a throwback to when I expected the cable to break.