PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 12:04
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Where would it have landed?

Where would MH370 have been headed, if the latest confirmed or unconfirmed rumors hold any real information? The rumors point to the region of the andaman islands group.

What place could it land there?

I would put my bet on great coco island, i posted a reference few posts earlier, here is a better reference.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!)

1.400 meters could be enough after fuel has been used? That would explain the flighttime to use up the fuel as much as possible. By an able and trained crew i think so. Could it land unobserved? Nobody was looking there from the orbit, when the search started to concentrate to the east of Malaysia. It is a remote place, only around a thousand people there on the whole island. The airport seems to be off limits due to military presence. Could it have been refueld there? There is probably fuel available or could be made available. Could it take off again? I dont know, what do the experts say after removing all load with some fuel to get to its next destination, be it another landing place or an eternal wet grave?

But what would be the motivation for such an act? To answer that, we would have to be willing to discuss the "chinese question", they are the housekeepers on this airport. Do they have motive, ability and will to commence such a deed? What can they gain?

Think about their part in the search until now, could the satellite images have been a diversion, when the focus of the search changed suddenly to the west of malaysia?

This is my third post on this thread and it is highly speculative and probably political sensitive. I´m well aware that this post might disapear in short time by the mods- no pun intended, you guys do a great job here-, but it is worth a try.