PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 14th Mar 2014, 10:00
Brainiarc7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Resolution

Hello guys,

I fell off the bandwagon at Psychometric. No comms from KQ since then.

Searched for aviation schools and did my homework, and settled for Flight School 43, South Africa.

I applied online on Tuesday evening for the May 12th intake, and got the breakdown of costs for the selected course, a frozen ATPL similar to what ab-initio fellas study for. In approximate, it comes up to about 6M for everything, including accommodation.

After paying the initial deposit of 17,500 Rands via SWIFT, they processed my application in less than 15 minutes and sent me forms to apply for a South Africa VISA. Thats' what I'm chasing now. FYI, the SA embassy is at:

3rd Floor, Roshamaer Place, lenana Road

They can be reached at:
P.O. Box 42441, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone number:+254 20 2827100

Got that from the documents issued by Flight school 43. Copy pasted from a PDF file, hope it doesnt mess up the syntax.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be having the VISA in about a month or so.
See you guys in SA.

NB:
If you're on Ab Initio, it is prudent you get a passport, and if you have one, ensure its at least valid for like, 18 months at least. Got the estimated study period as 18 months, factoring in weather and stuff from 43 flight school.

Good luck, aviators.

And remember, if this is your passion, do something about it. We're all equal. The difference lies in these who take action