PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida weather in September
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2003, 19:40
My names Turkish
Before "Ze Germans" get here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't panic mister Mannering!

Let us not Panic! I arrived here last spetember expecting gale force winds, driving rain and twisters scooping up little old ladies.The way your talking it would sound to some people like the state of Florida declares a national emergency during these months.

Not exactly.

Yes thunderstorms do occur, but usually they are very localized. The weather information in florida is second to none. I have flown about 150 Hrs here and probably only been grounded for 5-6 days in the period of a couple of months( Doing ATPL thats why I'm here so Long) Also around the end of the October the temperature starts to peter off and you get the most fantastic warm but not hot weather. There is a good possibility that you will not be grounded for a single day.

The only thing I would agree with from the above posts is that there is more variety in the So. Calif. Florida can be a bit boring, but are you here to go flying or to sight see? Cross countries are great and if you bring your camping gear they can be cheap. You learn so much from flying into new airports everyday too.