PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 08:24
220mph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
Quote:
if we ASSUME for a moment that, for example, racks E1-E4 at the MEC have been destroyed by a catastrophic event, with several electrical and other key system failures you'd have to be able to maintain trim and make pitch adjustments in a severely compromised cabin in terms pressurization.
Yep, that's why I'm struggling with the "MEC damaged,selectively and the aircraft flew for hours" scenario....

In fact I'm not really buying any mechanical/technical scenario I've heard so far ..I'm at a complete loss.
This incident shows a a 777 bus failure and fire in MEC .

Luckily the flight was on the ground and shut right engine down, and safely de-planed. Had this bus failire and subsequent MEC fire occured in flight at altitude the consequences could it seems have been catastrophic. Look at the pictures in the detailed investigation link at bottom .... seems easy to envision after the AC bus failure and fire began that it could lead to a burn thru and rapid depressurization.

In the interim the cockpit would likely have smoke, and some of all of the flight deck instruments, comms, transponder etc may have become inoperation.

I'm purely guessing that critical flight controls are on a separate bus with backup power and multiple redundancy