PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 06:33
mcgrath50

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Nice scare campaign with the Jetstar cadets

Nice story again about the Qantas cadet
These aren't stories or scare campaigns. They are facts told to me by my friends who are QF and JQ cadets. Incidentally I don't 'resent' them one bit.

to join a major airline. About a five % chance of pulling it off I would suggest
I would suggest that statistic is grossly inaccurate.

If the person is a high achiever they know they could of graduated from USyd or somewhere, earning good coin in the city, building a career - why would you swap that for remote area GA slave living ?
I couldn't agree more with you here, if you are sitting in year 12 tossing up between law, accountancy and aviation; don't pick aviation. It's a cruel mistress and one you really need a deep passion for particularly in GA. I personally couldn't imagine building a city career no matter how good the coin!

It is an understandable reaction to dreams that well , they just didn't turn out did they ?
Why are you so bitter mate? Myself and 27, the idiots bothering to engage with you, have not once been derogatory about your career path. It's fine, for some people it will be the best option but GA is an option too and a hell of an adventure.

Unlike you I won't tell anyone not to go down one route. For a newbie, I'd suggest gather the facts (and don't believe what any one person says, not even me!), look at your life situation and your desires and go from there.