PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why has flight training gone assbackwards?
Old 14th Mar 2014, 01:17
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BPF

I'm sorry but I disagree with not willing to learn, I most definitely was willing to learn, but some, not all, of the instructors I had were not very sympathetic to anyone who may have had some form of flight experience prior to the event. They came across as, "you are a student, you therefore know nothing and I will teach you". This is not always the case and generalising like that pisses people off. I am not a know all asshole unwilling to listen but I'm afraid I can recognise waffle & bull**** when I hear it. I've been flying very irregularly since 1956, I'm not stupid, I take a great interest in trying to improve my capabilities. I have tried very hard not to be a smart ass in everything I do, and just for the record, I pretty much expected your response by the way you seem to defend the instructor in many of your posts. I hate being misunderstood.

Edit: as for real names versus anonymity.

Trevor Harvey

Ex Royal Navy crash & rescue, glider pilot, 7 years with a power licence, 6 years owning a very benign taildragger, retired machine tool designer and looking to learn all I can with whatever time I have left at 74 yr old.

Not much by some standards but what the hell!!

Last edited by Crash one; 14th Mar 2014 at 01:31.