PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why has flight training gone assbackwards?
Old 13th Mar 2014, 17:49
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
" Paint by numbers " teaching process rather than teaching the students to be artists.

That Phrase about sums up what I feel about flying! It is an art! something from the soul and something creative and not a paint by numbers exercise! Well Said

Pace
Thank you Pace, some posters here try and insinuate that I am anti instructor.

Nothing could be further from the truth because in my opinion the highest aspiration one can strive for in aviation is to be a top quality flight instructor.

Given the nature of the training industry in aviation one can not rise to that level within the structure that we have in the flight training industry, and even if one could somehow teach in a manner that does not fit the structure of the flight school you would have to be like mother Theresa and devote your life to poverty.

When I finally let my instructors rating lapse I found a way to still teach and was able to be properly compensated for my efforts.

For instance when I was in the water bombing business for ten years I was the training pilot / check pilot for a company that had nine heavy water bombers....when I was not actually in the field fire bombing I could teach and earn a good living at the same time.

Another little thought I would like to put out there.

When I post these thoughts / opinions I have enough self worth to use my real name and I do so to try and give more credibility to what I say.....in other words I am not in the least worried about anyone digging into my background as a pilot to find something to discredit my opinions.

How about that .