PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2014, 14:36
NamelessWonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@MartinM
This means that the Air Forces in the region are operating like Swiss Air Force these days. 8am in the morning to 6pm in the evening.
Minus 2 hours for lunch, of course . . . at least in the case of the Swiss ... but you know that already!

@Luke Sky Toddler
Still confusion about this so let's put it to bed, I was flying and on the same frequency at the time, Ho Chi Minh ATC started going mad trying to contact the MH370 on 121.5 at around 00.30 local Vietnam time. That is 01.30 Malaysia time, 1730 Z.
First-hand information - hallelujah! Many thanks

@Etudiant
Re the fuel load, it was stated very early in this event that the aircraft had 7 and a half hours of fuel loaded. So there was plenty of gas to go even further than the 4 hours post loss of contact.
No, it was stated that it most likely had around 7 and a half hours fuel - not the same thing at all!

Harping back to the point I made goodness knows how many pages ago, but last night my time, whilst I recognise the limitations of FR24 and the like, there are 3 transponder anomalies (as previously stated) that show up in the 90 minutes or so of interest and also in the local area.

They just happen to affect ONLY MAS370 and 2 of the aircraft nearest to it (though UA895 appears to be unaffected)

KAL672 as it passed 105.2 East at 16.55 UTC
CCA970 as it passed 105.25 East at 17.02 UTC
MAS370 as it passed 103.6 East at 17.21 UTC

This begs the question what else was in the area, perhaps travelling NW-ish at the time that had the capability to, and may have affected all 3 transponders AND ONLY THOSE THREE

Perhaps the illustrious Electronic Warfare ship that is now "assisting" with the search and whose Govt are not exactly fans of the Chinese (who themselves are in a very good position to sink the fiat dollar)?

Or should we only consider possibilities that point to Eastern and/or Muslim countries?

Perhaps nothing at all, perhaps not.