PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXFORD/KIDLINGTON
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2014, 13:27
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero Mad,

DJ6 talks of 18 weekends and you interpret 18 weekends as an entire summer!

Well it has long been recognised that any summer season starts at Easter (19/20 April this year) thus 18 weekends terminates right in the midst of the school holidays @ 16/17 August!

Stop being a statistician trying to make the numbers look more attractive, the operator are offering a very limited service for a limited period with, for the catchment area, a large aeroplane.

You compare to Staverton, Staverton has a history of scheduled services, crikey back in the 1970's I would be controlling DC3's from the tower at Lyneham of DC3's to/from Staverton and the islands.

You compare to HUY, I worked for Air UK back in the 1980's when every summer Saturday and Sunday we would have Fokker's plodding the islands routes and, for the route still to be going to this day, might be credited that it is a long established route.

Cambridge, something of a chequered history with scheduled services, Suckling etc. but at least it has a history.

Kidlington ... Well it's a flying club come wannabee airport, charters to NYC and all that, I've got better things to do than occupy my time that discuss/ argue this point, I think it is DJ6 that has a habit of posting CAA stats, let's discuss after those have been posted and if I'm wrong I shall gladly hold my hands up.

Best Regards
The Troll