PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2014, 03:37
bem411s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Supposed wreckage found and ambiguous turn back stmts

Missing Malaysia Airlines jet: Chinese satellite photographs possible wreckage | smh.com.au

My first post got dropped or was not evaluated.

The path from the origin to the point of lost com/transponder in the map shown is familiar to us all. The dis-ambiguous turn that would have had to led to the anomalous primary radar return off the west side of Malaysia is not depicted. But the supposed wreckage that China promotes as potential is perfectly in line with the original statement made a few days ago that referred to the fact that the a/c "may have turned back." They did not come out and state that it may have been spotted on radar temporarily off the west coast for another day or so. As a result. It is reasonable to conceive from the location of the supposed wreckage, in relation to the original known flight path and last known position, that it executed a roughly 170-180 degree turn to head back.

This isn't typical of what I have heard of a hijacker. They usually do not ask to return to where they came from. Not like they left their wallet and need to go home and get it.

If the turn is roughly a 180, it would place in my head, the idea that the plane had suffered a mechanical failure and was attempting a return.

Or is that just what they want us to believe?! Lol