PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2014, 15:19
Lonewolf_50

Received 424 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Razoray
ok, so the question is, are the m#pp&Ts covering something up, or just covering their own ass?
Perhaps they are in over their heads, in terms of the amount of experience they have in handling such an event. I find the vitriol directed at the folks dealing with public information release to be misdirected.

They are confronting a novel situation with the Information Age Jackals hounding them at every step. I think those gents are learning "on the job" what it takes to handle public information releases. The number of ways one can screw that up is legion! (Plenty of American politicians fall into that trap, "You're doing a helluva job, Brownie!" coming to mind in re Katrina).

If you look back a few dozen pages, a trained American PR official from US Seventh Fleet spouted a load of tripe about floating DFDRs and CVRs. It's not just that the Commander ought to know better. FFS, he's from an "open society" and was formally trained in how to do this ... and he still stuck his size nine and a half dress white shoe into his own mouth.

The gents from Malaysia are from a different culture, and IMO are doing the best that they can. It doesn't help that the amount of info they have isn't:

(a) helping the SAR effort produce a result
(b) making the Information Age Jackals happy

I sincerely believe that they want to find that airplane so badly that they can taste it. These guys are human beings, imperfect like all of us, with hearts.