PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Mar 2014, 01:15
Thrustrequired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Help !

Hi guys, I would like to share my situation with you all in search for some thoughts !

I'm actually flying in South America, and my current situation is starting to bother me. My airline has something around 120 acfts and a lot of old skippers (who are unable to retire due to previous airlines bankruptcy). My number on the seniority list is something around 400 and there is no fleet growth expected on the near future.

My duty roster has only 8 days off (no matter what) and we are usually flying 5x1. Long ground times, short rest periods, days and nights in sequence are often found. The salary ain't bad because I'm single and live with my parents, but I would have to struggle to afford having a family with that. Long story short, I can't save much nowadays, would save even less if I had wife and kids.

That said, do you guys think that going to ME would be a nice choice ? I know some people that decided to do the move, but I'm very connected to my family and must admit that I fear leaving all behind.

I'm 3700 tt, 2900 on the 737.

I know this is a very personal decision, but what do you guys think ? Am I going to have better T&C in the ME ? Is FlyDubai a good choice ?

I'm also curious about the upgrade time for an applicant like me.

Thanks in advance for the help !!!