PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 11th Mar 2014, 21:43
Captain Bradley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADVICE NEEDED

Hi Guys,

In the near future I am going to make a very important decision and I was wondering if any of you could help me with it.

Shortly about me:
- 26 years old
- SPL (Glider Pilot License) + FI rating (about 300h TT)
- PPL(A) student pilot (should finish in upcoming months)

I have gained most of this flying experience during my B.Sc and M.Sc studies which were not related to aeronautics. I simply wanted to have a Plan B if anything would go wrong at any stage of my training... or later.

At that time I did not have enough money to even think about something more than flying gliders and a little single engine planes. Now, after graduation my finances got better and since flying is my biggest passion I am highly motivated to start training for serious. What is more I am getting older and I realize that soon it might be too late for me. But I know how terrible the current market looks. I have lots of friends with many hours and licences who are unemployed for a long time. That made me think - is it because they did their training as cheaply as it could be at unknown to anyone flying clubs.. with no reputation and connections? And if I will spend some more money but will attend to more famous foreign FTO (operating by an airline) I will be in different position? Or it does not really matter and in the end CPL/ME/IR + 250h = CPL/MR/IR + 250h.. and you are unemployed anyway?

Thank you!