PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 11th Mar 2014, 15:50
zorab64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody know of a dual hydraulic failure in a 135...Is it flyable ..does it have accumulators in the system .?
No.

No.

Not enough to make any difference - i.e. used to dampen out pressure fluctuations but not to fly in the event of pump failure .

To clarify, I think 40odd made correct reference some while ago as to how the hydraulics pressure only drops off at the very last drop of Nr (if pumps are both working, of course), although it's obviously built with the redundancy of two systems.
I've not heard of a single HYD failure in a 135, let alone both. The forces on this fixed head system would require the strength of Samson (without haircut) to control without hydraulic assistance - doesn't bear thinking about.
Standard practice, in the event of a single HYD failure, is to land pronto anyway, lest the other one decides to throw in the towel, whereupon it would be uncontrollable. In addition, without any idea of system pressure (no gauges), you don't know what the second one's doing if the first one drops out.