PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barking Up The Wrong Tree?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2001, 09:16
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Stooge - but this may make it any easier decison: do you have 25,000 pounds to convert your licence to a JAA one?

If you have one of these crappy foreign ATPL's, with 500 hours as required crew in something that burns JetA, I thought you could get a JAA ATPL with just taking the quizzes and the flight test.

This used to be on the CAA web site FAQ's, but they've gone and changed the thing. It's even less use that it was before! I cannot find anything. Even a search for FAA in the search box comes up with SFA.

So although stooge doesn't tell us what his hours in type are, he might get a JAA ATPL without dropping £25 grand.

I guess he could even go do the ATPL flight test as part of the 737 type rating, so avoiding giving that nasty Ryanair 15 grand for the same. He would be ten grand up and could use it to buy us all a beer for the advice. None of that Aussie muck either, it's got to be warm and flat - though Stella would do quite nicely if push came to shove

That's unless the JAA/CAA cabal have gone and changed the rules again, which would be par for the course and totally in character.

[ 22 October 2001: Message edited by: slim_slag ]