PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debt between 165-200 thousand Euros?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 13:41
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The generation of debt!
It would be fine if it was their own money they was playing with, however for the parent generation (who are mostly forking out with the guarantees for loans etc.), many of them are still stuck in time-warp where they believe the profession has a better standing than it really has.

If I talk to fellow professionals, they truly believe the pilot profession is good with regards to financial rewards. I have had few parents asking me regarding advice for their children considering the profession.

After telling them the hard facts, guess what, not so many feel the same about it.
Misinformation, lack of information, and to be honest some peoples posts here are so softly passive aggressive, that they try to take a moral high-ground that they being fair in their advice, while it is just much talk about nothing in the end.

Now I might come about a bit negative about the profession, but in this threads, compared to wannabes forum, there is a clear trend of people seeing the situation very similar to me.

Unfortunately I do not believe the bottom have been reached, I just recently heard a story of 5 guys, 3 of them already had TR, but they spent in total 75.000 Euro's each, to refresh their TR, and get 500 hours on type. We are talking about serious money 375.000 Euros in total.
And in the end, they did not even get their hours and was a very substandard TR refresh.

If people are prepared to spend this kind of money, for nothing, you have to ask yourself what is the future of this profession!