PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 11:09
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the general advice is "lower your expectations" - after paying for the Mercedes Limo version, don't expect to get it with an engine inside, they will actually get you an old bombed out limo from Saddam's days in Iraq, with a few holes in for ventilation!

Of course the industry is not that bad, if your main aim in life is to be married to the airline and have no other private life! However to get engaged with the airline, you must know they will take you blood and suck you dry, and we all just love it!

Now all these guys comparing this with other jobs, maybe I am just plain lucky than, having had a job paying more than most captain salaries, being able to do what I want when I want for 90% of my time!

And I never needed to work 9 to 5, or run into the city (any city), sometimes I could sit working on the beach of Santa Monica, even if life was high pressure, does not mean that this is the only life that let's you see the blue sky and sunshine during your working hours.
As I said in past post, I don't have any regrets, and there is parts of the profession I enjoy, and most people I work with are great, no complaints - however to say that the profession is in a healthy position would be a lie.

But some will rather bite of their own nose, instead admitting the dire situation the industry is in.