PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 11th Mar 2014, 09:42
LOC-D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought it went without saying that one needed to possess an SPL before being allowed to do their checks in India. The SPL can be issued by the Chief Instructor of the school, but you need to have your FRTOL and passed your DGCA theory papers before they can issue you one(for guys converting their licenses)

@lonelypilot

With regards to your scenario, you can avoid having to take the Technical Specific exam in India for the PA-34 if you have done a technical test in Canada. You just need to show them proof that you have taken a tech test and achieved a score greater than 70%. I don't know how exactly tech tests are done in Canada, but for eg in the US, all tech tests were done in school. It is not as big a deal over there as it is in India. All we had to do was do one of those tests, get it corrected by an instructor, put it in a sealed envelope and submit it to the DGCA. This way would be way more convenient than having to take the tech specific exam in India. I'm not sure how it would work for single engine rating. You may be able to do the same thing(i.e get the tech test done in Canada for the C152).

With regards to your recency requirements, your PA-34 requirements should be fine since you've done the 10 hours and split it in the way the DGCA requires you to. My only query is if you have only done your 6 month recency in the C152, that is the plane you want endorsed on your license. But have you done your 300 NM cross country(5 year requirement) on the DA-20? If I'm not mistaken, I think the 300NM, 250NM, 120Nm, day, night and IR checks have to be done on the same model of airplane. So if you have done your 300 XC on the DA-20 and the rest of your currency flights on the C152, then it might be an issue. Anybody may feel free to correct me, but this is what I understand of the conversion process.