PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 09:26
dignified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Illuminati

Thank you for your patience HoldingatFL900, you must have been a frustrated astronaut, pretty much like Sandra Bullock in her latest film along with George Cloney. I have been jet lagged but let me elaborate in as much as I can to help.

Folks, AJX battery of interviews were pretty much what is condensed in this forum. I was very surprised and impressed with the speed of Medicals compared to old times, when doing a JAL interview in the U.S, it normally was a three day ordeal to complete a full JCAB medical at the Mayo Clinic in the twin cities Minneapolis/ St.Paul.

Flying the B767-300 SIM was very pleasant, very stable, the senior instructors observing very cooperating, they want you to follow the SIM guide by rote, but very flexible with preferences for instance when I opted to fly the whole visual pattern without a/p as it was the only phase where you want to have hands on the job. For those of you not familiar with JCAB SIM assessments or check'rides, there were three senior SIM instructors and one HR observer during my SIM assessment for 90 minutes, so yes, you are being watched

If I may, I would like to contribute to future candidates with the following:

1. Arrive in Japan with sufficient time to be well rested. Yes HOTAC charges are from our pocket this days, but it is not worth to compromise your performance for saving a few $$
2. Check in at the hotel is after 16:00hrs, no waivers, and check out is 10:00. I wished I would have been told this before by the agent, to roam around the day of arrival saving one day charge by checking in at 16:00hrs.
3. Try to stay awake until evening time and catch up with new time zone.
4. Agents assigned for assisting you have a very tight schedule and very little time for baby sitting. If you cannot catch up with the pace of walk, then run.

To all of you invited remember that by being invited you have already made 50% of progress, its worth meeting the six panel of interviewees, they are extremely
pleasant, mature and they would make every effort to make sure you enjoy this operation. It is a long training even for JCAB holders, so make arrangements to bring your spouse and/or siblings, it is a commuting job, but only after you clear all training issues. Expect a class date 6 months after results, so stay glued where you are until you have a class date and a five year contract in hand.

The Dominican has vast experience in Japan, I recommend his treads on this forum.

Gambate o kudasai! (Good luck fellas) and acknowledge all ATC calls with