PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 04:32
Hedge36

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ida down
Hedge, probably because the whole industry is jittery right now. And that includes the PAX. Its in the interest of all, for whatever happened, be released as soon as possible, as they have always done. People, given something concrete to deal with, find is easier than facts kept behind closed doors. The industry needs to know what happened to that aircraft, and as soon as possible.
Oh, trust me - I agree with the need to get pertinent information out as quickly as possible. However, I don't believe any pertinent information yet exists.

If, by chance, some miscreant or gang of miscreants brought this aircraft down by force (be it an explosive or a hijacking gone wrong), we won't know the full nature of their actions for quite some time. As a result, we can't be any more mindful of our environment than we are at this very moment.

If the aircraft failed, we won't know THAT for a long time, either.

And yes, I agree that the Malaysian government bears a responsibility to our industry to disseminate whatever information they glean from this case as quickly as possible. I just don't think they know anything.

The general public, facts or no facts, will be unnerved by this incident. Regardless of the cause, the perceptual damage to the industry is already done, yet the flying public seems to have an unreasonable expectation that the case be wrapped up before the evening repeat of American Idol (42 minutes, if you record it and skip the adverts).

It seems the local guv has plainly stated that the odd search area is due to the possibility that the aircraft turned. What else could be covered up at this point?