PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 22:22
Lonewolf_50

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremin
Why are valuable assets being used to search an area diagonally opposed to the original flight path and what evidence has been found to support that search?

If a primary radar trace has been observed flying in that direction, why is a sea search being carried out there... I.e. what evidence is there that the observed trace went down in the sea at that spot?

The Malaysians seem to be withholding information.
Capt K, I seem to recall that the AF 447 ACARS info was a leak, not an official release, initially. With that in mind, there may be a bit of data with a time tag that, while not the usual data like radio call, transponder, etc, would take the datum of "last radar/transponder return" and expand a point datum to an area based datum (farthest on circle) on elapsed time.

Why haven't they shared that info yet? Perhaps due to security reasons opaque to you or I, but making much sense to those holding fragments of data and trying to make sense out of it.

If you've had a chance to get involved in a SAR operation, I think you'll appreciate how one has to account for the many unknowns one faces early in the operation.