PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 21:18
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet 2 Question Re Dsa.
(Dont troll me or abuse me for asking as seems to be the norm here for a simple polite question for me who is interested in aviation but let down by my health which prevented me a career in something ive loved all my life).
Anyway...
How possible is it Jet 2 Would try a few routes out of Dsa. After all theyve been at Blackpool for a while and I dont see that having an airfield to match Dsa in terms of space etc.
Plus they could do more bucket and spade routes and perhaps that vital Amsterdam link.
Do they still operate the 737 300?
They could do prauge as well. And as per what the Airport said a while back about there being demand for new York. Im sure a weekly 757 might work out. Such a route would put Dsa on the map even though it might be a route out and back once a week.
Ams ought to be 3 times daily at least.
Perhaps Dublin or Cork.
And maybe a couple of Domestic Routes.
Or Prauge.
Made me wonder after they had suddenly started training flights. I cant recall tjem doing them before.
Or if Jet 2 did Cross this side would They choose HUY or is thst too small to suppory their ops.
If they did Ams from there it might shake things up and be good competition. And mean bettet deals for passengers.
I think the Runway is long enough gor a 738.
Airbus 320.
Though I know Jet 2 Dont use boeing.