PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War with Russia next?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 19:33
N2erk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of stuff to comment on, so little time. Amazed to see that not all posts (by any means) are of the "nookler war, toe to toe with the rooskies" as in Dr Strangelove. (Younger members- a really funny, scary? movie).
Constitutionality- even Radio Liberty (Voice of America) questions the legitimacy of the current Kyev Government Was Yanukovych's Ouster Constitutional? so the raging argument that Crimea can't separate cause it violates the constitution are interesting.
Free & fair election: I think it will be fair because of all the attention it will get. Intimidation: I'd sooner be casting a vote for Ukraine in Crimea than vote for Yanu-to-stay in the Ukrainian parliament with Right Sector & Svoboda 'supporters' looking on!
I'm sure that any enterprising young reporter can find some citizens in Crimea who don't want to secede- hint: ask people not carrying Russian flags. It does tend to prove though that they aren't exactly living in fear. We should know by next week. Don't know if pro-Russians in Kyev would be equally forthcoming to reporters.
Finally- why does everyone ignore Canada's support to the demonstrators long before, and after the revolution? Media on both sides go on about US/EU support, but we get left out. We've been in since the beginning. May have something to do with 3% of our populace/voters being of Ukrainian descent, but I certainly am not cynical enough to think so.