PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 12:47
glenbrook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ida down
Never have I seen a blog like this on PPrune, nor any other aviation blog for that matter. In every airline, from the cleaners to the Senior C and T Capts everyone has a opinion. And none of us have a clue. My kids fly, and they report this is nbr 1 conversation on all flight decks, in Australia, anyway. May tomorrow give us insight, and the poor families, at least put out of some of their misery, so this thing can be solved, and people laid to rest.
There have been so many daft posts here, both from passengers and crew. It's annoying when you see a stupid post about meteors or a conspiracy. Sometimes I think why can't these people go get their kicks and dream up theories about Emilia Earhardt or DB Cooper. But really I understand.
Psychologically it is more comforting to make up a implausible theory than to simply accept that so little is known that no conclusions can be drawn. I intend to fly in that zone next week, so this incident troubles me too.

The only thing that comforts me is my belief that with the resources that are being applied to this incident, something will be found, although it could take a while yet. The Gulf of Thailand is a big place to search. If something has happened where the aircraft has ditched and sunk in one piece then we may be waiting some time for more information.