PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 08:18
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Sixty hours on my post #999 summarizing what we know (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...ml#post8362282) has not changed one bit...

I would not want to venture out to any speculation based on zero facts, but every passed hour without any wreckage sighting reduces the likelihood of some catastrophic event at/near point of last contact, and increases the chances of the aircraft having continued under some degree of control away from that point. Of course the latter if true eliminates several of proposed scenarios and raises a whole lot of uncomfortable other questions.

I'm sure a lot of heads are stuck together right now pouring over primary military radar and satellite surveillance data, but I'm sure they will not tell us what they see (if anything). However given the location of last contact, after only a little altitude loss even the primary signals would have been lost. Now if one plots the potential area outside the coverage of any primary radar station and within six hour's range, that is a sizable patch to comb through...