PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 05:11
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
I posted many pages ago that the lack of wreckage or even reports of an explosion in such an area, populated as it is by some of the most intensive marine traffic in the world, is the most perplexing part of this.

Every hour without a sign of wreckage deepens the mystery further.

I do not believe that terrorism is necessarily involved simply because fake passports were being used. There is a myriad of reasons why that could be so and conversations with officials in the know about such things confirms it is not necessarily unusual.

A break-up at 35,000 feet would have left a large identifiable debris field. Something would have been found by now.

That is has not suggests either they are looking in the wrong place, or the debris is in a very localised area, possibly due to the aircraft going vertically into the water.

I find it difficult to ascertain why the searchers would be looking in the wrong place, considering the plethora of primary and secondary radars that would have tracked the aircraft.

An aircraft going vertically into water at high speed would have a limited number of causes.

Pilot disorientation following some malfunction - similar to Adam Air Flight 547.

Terrorist Action - similar to 9/11

Pilot suicide - similar to Silkair 185 or Egypt Air 990

In the light of the increasingly weird lack of debris/mayday calls/ACARS info/visual sightings by witnesses of explosions or fire on a dark moonless night, the options are becoming limited.