PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 00:27
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks roulis,

My main purpose was to explain to anyone interested in these matters that - at the time Capt Asseline was doing his conversion course - the A320 sim was unreliable, and that zero-flight-time conversion was impossible.

Quote:
I wanted to point that flying alpha prot or alpha floor on A320 FFS is reliable, as the FFS has the exact reproduction of the EFCS rules. That is very different from trying to test i.e. stalls who have never been done in flight, and whose behaviour is still unknown and could not be "reproduced" on the FFS.

I think the a/c would have been stalled during the test programme. But it would not be necessary to incorporate any stall data into the FFS, because the aerodynamic stall is not part of the training syllabus. And, of course, it did not occur at Habsheim.

Quote:
re:"sealed software" : Asseline said that working with Thomson they first asked to AI -or AS ?- they needed the copy of the EFCS software. Asseline said they recieved a negative answer, but AI-or AS?- accepted to give them an original EFCS software in a box they could not open or read or copy

Thanks - that is interesting, and would make sense commercially.