PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 23:14
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a reliable source at GLA, Ryanair trying to get in from Oct `14.....let the **** fly....
Setting aside local tribal warfare for a moment, given FR tend to park a large part of the fleet in the winter, this would be a curious time to start a new base or city, particularly given the seasonality of the Scottish market. Does the rumour suggest inbound non based and do we have an inkling of a city / sun route focus?
Ah PIK, the howl of Cf104s, asymmetric 1-11/500s off 21, boot heels echoing thro a deserted concourse -
Go back a few years and it was far from that though. Classy first post btw.
extended fuel burn routings
OK clutching at straws with the last one there....
If it didn`t mean that I`d more than likely have to relocate job as a result of them leaving and some of my colleagues losing there jobs, i`d say fe*k off to them!
Glasgow is commutable from Ayrshire, it really, really is. Look there won't be a cataclysm if and when FR pitch up at GLA, life will go on, as it does at EDI, as it does at BHX and all the other similar airports. The missing bit here is whether this is the beginning of the end for FR at PIK. THAT's the worry. If PIK cannot hold onto Wizz Air on cost alone, on Ryanair of all people on cost alone, then what in the name of Heaven are they competing WITH? Is it time to get out of the passenger market? I say that as a longt time supporter of PIK but everything is currently pointing to the last few years of growth as a bubble and the collapse at GLA as a blip.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 9th Mar 2014 at 23:25.