PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How petty do we get?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 08:28
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with the petty cr*p is that CASA has no choice but to in vestogate.

One has to wonder though as when a genuine report is made and you see nothing done??? I once submitted a report after talking to an operator and not being satisfied with the response.

A VFR Lance flew overhead Darwin at 300' in the wet. The weather was cr*p we were listening to the scanner and this Lance came into Darwin. Cleared in special VFR, tower asked if he was visual with the runway at which time it was uh er no, very interesting as the tower responded you are overhead the field at 300'..... Nothing ever came from that report????

Yet I had an ex employee who was rather vindictive, tie up valuable time with un signed and un addressed CAIR's which CASA treated serioulsy. It took a week to show CASA that it was just a vindictive flair at the company and we were given the big green light.

Problem was it was a hell of alot of wasted time.

There is a line on when and what to do, airmanship and ettiqute should come into play.

Once remember seeing an Otter using a downwind runway (approx 10-15kts) I was rather surprised, having no idea about Otters I rang the CP and asked him the question. Needless to say I was happy and the problem was resolved.

Wish my pax would hurry up and turn up so I can get outa here...