PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 17:04
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dozy
Awesome explanation - though I should point out that the reproduction was not flown in a simulator, it was flown in a real A320 over the test runway at Toulouse, with (I believe) obstacles set up reproducing the "bosquet" at the start of the reconstruction.
You have clearly no idea what would be to reproduce such a flight for real with the necessary required level of detail, accuracy, and fidelity, to have any value. The flight over the Toulouse runway was not meant to be a "reproduction" but was merely a wish by members of the commission to personally assess the behavior of the aircraft during maneuvers near the ground, to see if the switching of control laws could cause difficulties for a pilot.
HN39 is referring to the 'graph' on page 63 of the PDF which refers to a simulated flight not a real one.

Originally Posted by HN39
What is puzzling to me is that the simulator did not reproduce it when capt. Bechet flew it to duplicate the accident sequence. In that simulation the elevator moves immediately nose-up, and the airplane pitches up 5 degrees in 2 seconds. Why is it different?

P.S.
Sorry for posting when I should have thought a bit longer. Both moved the thrust levers forward at 120 kts, 12 deg alpha. The difference is in pulling the sidestick back - Bechet at the same instant and Asseline 3 seconds later. So Bechet was still in pitch control law when he pulled the stick back while Asseline was in alpha-prot.
As you seem ready to give any value to those graph, how Bechet and Asseline would still keep the same speed after obtaining so different alpha ?
Nevertheless, Bechet would still have hit the trees if he had not been in a simulator.
According to the poor quality ... graph we are presented, not if he had started the maneuver at the same altitude that Asseline did, and not 10 ft lower ...