PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Airlink job problem
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 05:45
UFLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to rain on the parade of those who have had negative experiences with PNG recruitment, but my story was one of astonishing efficiency.

Pehaps it was because I went there on spec. The fact that I organised contacts before leaving Australia and latched onto Talair pilots in Madang certainly helped.

I was in Wewak, freeloading on a Talair flight with Peter Morrison, dropped into the Douglas office, asked to see someone in charge of the flying side and was told that the Chief Pilot, Peter Geard, (based in Moresby) was just turning base now!

I had about 1,500 hours and 500 or so twin and that seemed to be just what they wanted.

From there it was a blur. Cass took over! My non-changeable return ticket became worthless as Douglas flew me to and from Sydney, told me to buy uniforms there at their expense and be back within a week.

I was even met at "Jackson's International" (tongue firmly in cheek) by a pilot who drove me to the company pilots' compound.

By the way, this was 1982!

Also BTW, we are off to Canberra for Easter now to stay with the other pilot in that Nomad in Wewak, Bill Miller, and his family (and to watch the mighty Waratahs whip the wimpy Brumbies-maybe...). I'm sure that are a few out there who recognise these names.

Have a good Easter,

UFLA