PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai: Need to know BEFORE applying
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 06:17
FlyingTinCans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current upgrades are running at 2 - 2.5 years. This dependent on you passing all the requirements at first attempt.

This thread is fairly old considering the pace that FZ is growing and evolving. Since the introduction of PBS the rosters have considerbly improved, my roster this month has me working 12 days plus 1 day of standby the rest is days off or rest days and even junior guys are getting 12 days off a month.

The night flights can be tough if you get 3 on the bounce however with PBS this is now a rare occurrence, but night flying is common place at all the gulf airlines so if you don't want to do night flights you will be disappointed with a move to any airline in the gulf

Yes Dubai is expensive however in return it does offer a safe, clean environment with the weather and facilities to enjoy a vast amount of out of work activities. I manage to send home quite a chunk of cash, and even those who struggle to save any where near what they were expecting too still have a better lifestyle than they previously had.

If you want a quick command, to earn decent money, and to enjoy an expat lifestyle then FZ is a good move until this perfect airline all Ppruners hope for comes along