PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark or China
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 05:07
WYOMINGPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ExPat with 4plus years in China I can give you my perspective. As an RJ Captain you have very little options in China. There is one or two RJ positions available and if you can get your foot in the door at Skymark and transition from the RJ to a 737 then I say go for it. China needs Captains with 500 hours on type in almost all cases. This is not a career choice. It is extremely difficult to pass all the recruiting hurdles in China with astronaut physicals that only get worse with time and age. Japan also has an extremely difficult medical but if you get through the first one there you normally can continue to pass. This is not so in China, they only continue to get harder to pass and high failure rates for guys approaching age 50 plus. Training, recurrent, line Checks, flying with all Chinese FOs and many with only 300 hours total time and the mountain of BS will continue to grind you down in China. If you want one of the highest paying 20K per month jobs then go ahead and try to make it here in China but in the end it will wear you down, down, down.