PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windshear
Thread: Windshear
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 05:06
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air rabbit

I don't know if it is worth my time to explain things to you. Really, try to understand the subject at hand.

let' say that the max takeoff weight for a plane is 200,000 lbs for a particular runway.

let's say that actual takeoff weight for the same plane is 180,000 lbs for the same runway.

since the plane could takeoff at 200,000 lbs, but is only at 180,000 lbs an increase in speed to the 200,000 lb weight speeds is allowed if windshear is possible. in this way the plane will have more energy at takeoff for an encounter with windshear. AND SINCE the runway /performance is OK for 200,000 lbs, you will have enough runway to either GO or REJECT.

AS to other posts regarding callouts of V1 to be started at V1 minus 5 so as to be complete by V1, we really spoke enough about it. Calling V1 at V1 means the call will be complete AFTER V1 and therefore compromising the go , no go decision.

NOW if you really don't understand, you might want to get that book I mentioned.

OR if you are being obstinate that's fine too.

Indeed there are others who increase speed in a takeoff into supsected windshear and it is covered in the thread that is mentioned in post 13.

Go faster at takeoff means better chance at getting out of a windshear encounter. zoom zoom great silver bird goes into sky. comprende?