PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS contract with BA terminated
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 04:58
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cliff Secord

Thanks for the kind words. Nobody is blaming the secondees, it wasn't their fault and some are just as gutted as the rest of us. The fact they have nice jobs to go back to is their good luck. There were one or two arses, but it dosen't matter any more

4468's comments are pretty much typical of certain elements within BA who are mightily pleased with themselves and are so utterly convinced that BA and by extension they themselves are totally superior and deserving in each and every way to anyone else. They have jobs for life so it is easy for them to look down on the rest of us and tell us to stop complaining and accept our inferiority to the mighty ones who got lucky. None of us deserve to be in aviation according to people like that.

By the way 4468, what would you do with an expensive club membership that you no longer had any use for an outfit that did nothing for you when you needed it?

BALPA exists solely to protect the terms, conditions and privileges of BA pilots. Nothing more. When challenged, they point to their "financial services" and other pointless bollocks that again, are there to steer the investments of the well paid BA fraternity and in the end to protect the cushty lifestyle of the BALPA employees. Furthermore this is not the first time that BALPA have left me dangling in the breeze.

Virgin recognised this long ago and have ditched them. If I no longer have any future in aviation why on earth should I continue to pay them and by extension support the pilots of the company that ended my career? Would you?

The idea that BA would even so much as entertain an application from one of us is as laughable as it is naive. They know exactly who they want and it isn't us. Several GSS guys applied over the years including at least one who had previously passed selection, and who was then told he was 'unsuitable'. Its a joke.

I'm very pleased that you are so pleased with yourself. Just pray that this never happens to you, especially once you get past 50.