PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 01:11
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and another one. For QF Int to have any chance of competing and surviving, it needs large efficient twins such as B777 or B787-9, so how can the policy of 'not investing any more in it until it becomes more profitable' make any sense?
Right on the money! I don't think there is enough time left for Clifford & Joyce, they have already failed, clear to everyone except them..

Clifford needs to be called in for the inquiry to explain the above, and why he has the dogged support of this board... when you see the figures below, says they are out of their depth, lost the plot to put it nicely..

Basically the chairman was saying, ''Give us more time, we need a fair go and a level playing field.''

As my good friend David Leckie would say, ''Well, hello.''
After more than 40 years in business here and elsewhere, I can tell Mr Clifford that there is no such thing. And even if there was, the wind only ever blows from one end.
Business is a rough old place and only the good ones make it.

Read more: Qantas must learn to navigate rough weather
As I see it, for Qantas International to survive (the original Qantas) Clifford must go, he is the root cause for the Qantas strategy failures in my view..
As we go into another new week I suspect more and more doubt will surface about the leadership issues at Q from people in similar positions as Mr Mitchell.

He finishes his piece with this blunt message..

In the seven years between 2002 and 2008, my mates Dixon and co made a cumulative profit for Qantas shareholders of $4.350 billion.

Louise chimes in, ''So Leigh Clifford is saying they need more time. How did his lot do?'' Well, the cumulative profit for the 5½ years to December 2013 is about $20 million. ''That's ridiculous,'' says Louise, ''they don't need more time.'' ''Quite right'', Charlie says, ''time's up.'' Leigh Clifford needs to toughen up.
Those parked J* A320's are well and truly eating into the profit Clifford & Joyce have generated during their tenures...

Double speak for "go away" Mr Clifford and take the failed strategy makers with you...

I feel for all the staff who have to watch this unfold day in day out for the last 6 yrs... and how slow the Australian business press have been to pick up on this simple point.. from here on I think that will change, better late than never I guess...

Last edited by TIMA9X; 9th Mar 2014 at 03:35. Reason: add pic