PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS contract with BA terminated
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 23:34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear onehot.
Honorable? BA? Id like to see that. What was honourable about the secondees?, lack of any sort of travel benefits for pilots at GSS whilst even ground staff in india had access to it. Sure I could think of a few more points. There is no way they would consider taking on GSS guys. Good Luck to them with Qatar. Hope it comes back to haunt them.
So, clearly you're looking for an argument as well as a job? Seems like wasted effort to me.
Honorable? BA? Id like to see that.
BA is about the best employer I can think of to work for. "Honorable?" (Sic) Actually yes. Pretty good.
What was honourable about the secondees
What was 'dishonourable'? GSS existed purely to fly BA cargo. Nothing else. Precisely as the recent sad announcement has demonstrated, GSS simply cannot exist without that work. Would you not wish to reach an agreement should your employer seek to outsource your jobs? Secondees formed a small proportion of the expansion commands. Fair? Probably yes.
lack of any sort of travel benefits for pilots at GSS whilst even ground staff in india had access to it.
It's called British Airways Staff Travel. Anyone can have access to it provided they work for BA. Ground staff in India do precisely that. It would seem you don't work for BA, so don't qualify? One imagines you could have applied whenever you wished? Problem??
Sure I could think of a few more points.
Oh I'm sure you could.
There is no way they would consider taking on GSS guys.
When BA recommence recruitment, and if you fit the criteria, I'm sure BA would love to hear from you. Though from everything you say, it sounds like you wouldn't wish to work for them? Am I right?
Good Luck to them with Qatar. Hope it comes back to haunt them
You need to get over these bitterness issues. They will harm absolutely nobody but yourself!

Best of luck to you.

As for zeddb shredding his BALPA card. What a joke. Who would have been flying these jobs were it not for BALPA? Y'all probably don't need much of a clue.

Knock yourselves out guys! I'm absolutely sympathetic, but stop throwing dirt around. If you didn't understand the gig when you applied, or in the intervening years, you may have been a little naive?

Last edited by 4468; 9th Mar 2014 at 00:16.