PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 22:47
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
These people are slippery buggers and any question has to be very carefully worded. For example, if you ask "Is Qantas subsidising Jetstar", it may well be that the practice has now ceased, or is on hold for the duration of the inquiry, so that they can honestly say "no". A few you could try:

Is it true that in ports such HNL where both QF and JQ operate, normal billing practices were manipulated (e.g. daily invoicing rather than weekly), so that major JQ charges were paid by QF?

Where a JQ aircraft went U/S and was replaced by a QF aircraft and crew (as frequently happened on the HNL-SYD route), to what extent was QF reimbursed?

Is it true that at the Hangar 96 Black Tie celebrity party in April 2013, some domestic bays were summarily closed to minimise aircraft noise, leaving a couple of aircraft and hundreds of passengers stranded on the tarmac with engines running for up to 45 minutes?

Yeah, I know this last one is no doubt well outside the terms of reference, but I'd love to see it answered publicly. For me it epitomises everything that's wrong with QF, where stunts, spin, and celebrity schmoozing are more important than just running an airline properly. The attitude of this mob is not unlike the French aristocracy ca. 1788 (and I wouldn't mind them being dealt with similarly ).