PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 22:46
clayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anti Skid On
Mickjoebill asked

It is some time since I last flew through KLIA, but when I used a domestic MAS service there was screening before boarding, and, again before immigration. However, it doesn't preclude someone from another location coming in. I guess they'll be checking the tickets to the stolen passports.
They definitely check for liquids pre-boarding and as recently as a week ago I found myself having to finish a bottle of water at the pre-boarding screening area as a result of this (KLIA). It would also be interesting to know if the "questionable" passengers had checked in bags. All in all though I'd rate bag screening security in Malaysian airports to be noticeably less hassle than the US - and this would mean it's more prone to manipulation. Of course bags and luggage may have nothing to do with the final outcome as well.

Being in that I was just there a week ago for a decent time period and have MY-side family as well (although none on that flight thankfully) I feel a deep sense of sadness for those affected. MAS is a safe and professional airline and I have serious doubts as to the crew contributing to any kind of catastrophic error.