PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 22:42
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
1. The cross subsidisation of costs from Jetstar applied to Qantas, how much and what they are.

2. The total costs of the current ventures into Asia, including failed attempts such as RedQ.

3. The actual profits that have been transferred back into the Qantas Group from the Asian Ventures.

4. What proof they have that shows due dilligence was done in this "Asian Assault" and do they have any current analysis that shows when the "Non-profitable" parts of the Asian Experiment are expected to become "Profitable".

5. A public showing of just who is making money off the Aircraft that they Lease as I believe there is a lot of dodgy backroom deals going on there to the advantage of previous management.

6. Not even a question but asking how they can justify the shares dropping over the last decade during their watch from over $5 to just over $1, as a matter of getting this often overlooked fact in the general public from their mouths.

7. Can someone ask them to finally define what "Worlds best practice" actually is? They keep spouting that damned line but no one really has any idea what this actually means!!

8. Dig up a bunch of contracts they have willingly let go/cancelled in terms of Maintenance done for other Organisations (Eg, Air Vanuatu) and other parts, such as the Baggage Handlers that someone else mentioned.

9. The cost of operating the "Chairmans Lounge" program.

10. The current "Benefits" they have derived from this Emirates Partnership.

11. I would also suggest going through the last decade or so of dropped routes, I believe there are about 25 of them for Qantas, investigating the load factors and pricing on those routes and also what other competitors have done after Qantas pulled out and asking:
A. How many of them were then given to Jetstar
B. How their competitors on quite a few of those routes have increased flights and seem to be making money
C. How the yields look after Jetstar took over a gifted route and a comparison of prices being charged for tickets between the 2

12. The Justification of limiting Pilots transferring between Jetstar and Qantas which could have allowed for many of the Pilots to be utilised more efficiently, this would be a way of highlighting one of the main reasons they are expanding Jetstar so much at the detriment of Qantas.

13. The costs of the various Aircraft they have around the world that are currently parked up and what the reason is for them sitting doing nothing when as they have said themselves "Their aircraft are most efficient when they are flying".

14. Of course bring out the offers that were made prior to the lockout that would have resulted in an agreement between the Unions and Qantas and completely removed the need for Alan to suddenly wake up and decide to screw the company and how they would have been no different to the arbitrated decisions.

15. Can they be asked to give an actual cost for the employees for the Qantas Group? There's a lot of rumours, hearsay etc... about it and how big a percentage it really is, they have mentioned it a few times themselves and indicated it is part of the problem so they should be required to finally substantiate the rumours they spread themselves. Even by simply stalling on the EBA negotiations and not even offering basic wage increases (As I've been led to believe occurred) shows that they think the wages are too high so should be enough reason to compel them to reveal ACTUAL figures.

16. The cost so far of splitting the AOC into 2, and how if this is such a brilliant idea that would be in the best interests of the company, how they can justify halting the process instead of completing it as soon as possible to begin realising any potential efficiencies and subsequent profits.

17. Declaring on Public record just how much the current Foreign Investment levels are, how much more they can obtain with the current QSA and how much this equates to in monetary figures, not just a percentage and why they haven't been able to reach those current levels if the business is worth it. Could reveal the true nature of their reasons for trying to get rid of the QSA.

I'm sure others will have a lot more questions to suggest, but those are certainly the ones I'd be curious to hear some answers to!