PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 22:09
RetiredTooEarly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could this be a possibility?

I don't have much experience on the triple seven, mainly the older B707 and A310's etc but in spite of the much stricter security on entry to the cockpit these days, just hypothetically, IF a couple of guys did access the flight deck (behind a Hostess maybe?) would it be possible to simply take over (disable the crew) and drive the aircraft straight into the water without any flight data etc. being transmitted back to the MAS base?

After 9/11 there can be no doubt that terrorists would be very familiar how to shut down transponders, radio comms and maybe ACARS if fitted etc.etc.

Apologies if this has been addressed already but just too many posts on this tragedy to vet them all to see if this has been raised before .........

I would still think that even with the slackness of security at many of the Asian airports, it would have to be a decent size bomb to bring the aircraft down without any attempt to put out some sort of a radio call ..........?

God forbid, could it be the "first" of the much talked about undetectable mini bombs that are virtually impossible to pick up on (questionable) security checks on passengers?

I know we are all just going in circles now and rehashing the same subjects over and over again hoping for an answer but the "sudden disappearance" of this piece of equipment without a trace has to make one think outside of the box and this is what seems to destroy many of the feasible scenarios to date!