PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark or China
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 17:53
HalinTexas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blink, so where is there a better gig? China? India? Indonesia? UAE? KAL? Ethiopia? Where did go to? Where can you work in a 1st World country and go home every month, with resident tax status? I've compared notes with all my friends that are or have been in those places. I stand by my statement.

BTW. I buy my own tickets home and beat the allowance every time, except this time. I overpaid by US$100, but went non-stop. I'll get over it.

I don't eat bento. I bring fruit. I carry a thermos for coffee, and yeah, that's stupid. I usually eat out by myself. You think 10 hours duty is hard? I started my career 20 years ago wishing I could have an easy 10 hour duty day.

It isn't great, but this gig isn't that hard. The only other place hiring in Japan is Air Japan. It isn't really any better, in total. No expat commuting job is sustainable. I make that choice to commute. I don't have to. Most of what you complain about is minutiae.

The one issue you haven't brought up is that Skymark isn't making very much many, if any at all. Loads have been awful. The A330 is gonna be expensive, and the A380 is gonna bury the place.