PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU ban on one-bag only policy
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 17:40
Sunnyjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer my own question because no-one else has so far: I think the writer was referring to this from the EU regs:
As of 31 January 2014, liquids purchased duty free from any airport or on any aircraft are generally permitted for transport in carry-on baggage. A prerequisite for such transport is that the liquid be carried together with the purchase receipt in an undamaged, sealed safety bag that can be checked with special examination technology. Both liquid medications and special liquid nutrition will be examined using this technology. The safety bag must not be opened before arrival at the final destination airport. All liquids must be able to be taken out of the baggage and presented individually for the aviation security check. If the liquid cannot be determined to be completely safe, it is not permitted for transport in the carry-on baggage.
The airline mentioned in the letter, easyJet, allows items bought from duty-free to be brought on board in an obvious duty-free shop carrier as well as a carry-on bag.. In the letter, the writer states that EJ told two passengers to put their small bags, holding their passports and money, into their hand luggage. You notice the regs actually say "in carry-on baggage", nothing about a separate bag. So I think the writer of the letter in the expat newspaper got their wires crossed. Not surprising - it is a little confusing!