PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working and Living in Trinidad
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 12:22
bhisham45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Shoreberry Boy,

Personally, my advice would be that if you are considering going to work on the FBH/Airguard contract, don't.

Trinidad is one of those places that has the "it's the Caribbean, so it must be lovely there" myth surrounding it but the reality is that it's far from being an island paradise.

Apart from the murder and crime rate as stated by Max Contingency, as an expat you are always going to be looked down on by the senior Airguard officials, one in particular who has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't think that there is any need for outsiders to look after "his" helicopters (he was not quite this polite when he stated his opinion to the Bristow chief engineer)

I was only there for about a year, but was more than happy to leave the place and from what I can gather, the current crop of expatriate engineers there are queuing up to leave and if this is the case, you have to ask yourself why.

Nigeria has a bad reputation but in all honesty, once you take the money and working environment into consideration, I would strongly that you see if you could get a job here instead.)

at present i am living here in trinidad all over has murder crime and it does have a Caribbean side to the place nice beaches
Nigeria has a lot more violence side to trinidad
so whats the problem
a bad boss at the air guard i never heard any one complain
and now the air guard in trinidad has grown much bigger