PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training - any comments?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2003, 23:18
highwinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I did my PPL at OFT in two stages. I was unfortunate enought to be there on Sept 11th and everyone was grounded so had to come home halfway through my training. Went back exactly a year later and completed. It's a good school with friendly instructors and a relaxed atmosphere. I would also advise you get your theory out of the way before going because their groundschool left a lot to be desired depending on what Instructor drew the short straw for that day (none of them want to do it because I don't think they get paid for it).

If you stay at the Four Points it's nice you do get a discounted rate when you're with the school but OFT still manage to make a profit on your accomodation. The same applies to car hire. Great pool and you get to watch your fellow students fly overhead while you swim.

Another thing that will make a difference is the students on the course at the same time as you. The first time was great, drinking & partying nearly every night (amazing we did any flying really). The second time there was hardly any of that because the crowd just wasn't as up for it.

In a nutshell I would recommend them. I personally didn't have any problems with the aircraft. They had reliablility problems with Katanas the first time I went but they have since got rid of them. The instructors are great no one had a bad word to say about any of them. Would reccomend you check your bill against your logbook carefully before paying. You'll have a great time !!!! (You will be sick of eating steak though !!)

Hope that helps