PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 7th Mar 2014, 15:49
ChegeAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psychomotor Analysis.

Hi guys. I went in with the 1300hrs group and here's my take on the test.

For the deviation indicator, I scored 2,5,6. This one was plain hard for me. By the 3rd attempt, my fore-arm and biceps were on fire! I can hazard that higher scores are attained by how long you can keep the lines on the centre dot or at least very close to it.

For the "puppets", I'm hoping I've got what they're looking for. I know I got one wrong because it was about to hit 0 seconds and I moved the mouse too quickly and clicked the wrong choice in a panic. For those going in on Tuesday, you need to listen very keenly and internalize before clicking next; but take too long to click next, the test automatically displays the puppets.

For finding the shape in the array of lines, I think I got at least 6-7 correct. The 60 seconds given to find the shape is adequate-ish. A calm head is also required here.

The matching the shapes to colours (concentration) segment was my worst section. I did pretty well in the practice test, getting 11 hits and 3 misses (I think, I can't remember exactly) but when the first test started my mind just froze. I got 8 hits and 6 misses, and I had registered 5 misses before my first hit. I got 9 hits and 3 misses for the second trial. I hope this counts as an improvement. I occasionally struggle with multiple stimuli, and I guess this really showed here.

For trax, I scored 9, 10, 10. This segment wasn't easy but I realised that slowly and very slightly nudging the joystick in the direction you want the plane to go was the solution. DO NOT make continuous motions on the joystick! If you do, make them as minute as possible.

I'm hoping this will satisfy what Career Connections is looking for out of this test.

Let's continue keeping hope alive. Best of luck future aviators!